The employment of learner workers; which includes all learnership
agreements and skills development programmes are governed by this
The determination sets -
- minimum wages
- working hours
- number of leave days
- termination rules
- The Sectoral Determination 5: Learnerships applies to-
- the employment of a learner –
- who has concluded a learnership agreement; and
- who was not employed by the employer party to the
learnership agreement when the agreement was concluded; and
- every employer who employs a learner.
The Basic Conditions of Employment Act applies in respect of
any matter not covered by this sectoral determination.
To download a file, right-click on the link and select "Save
This icon indicates that the file is a
Microsoft Word document. You must have Microsoft Word
installed on your computer in order to open the file.
|This icon indicates that the file is a Adobe Portable
Document (PDF) file. You must have the free Adobe Acrobat
Reader installed on your computer in order to open the file. Download Adobe Reader — free software for
viewing and printing Adobe Portable Document Format files.