The employment of Forestry workers is governed by
The determination sets:
- minimum wages
- working hours
- number of leave days
- termination rules.
Sectoral Determination 12 applies to all employers and workers in
the Forestry Sector in South Africa including -
- commercial and emergent timber growers;
- all transportation within the sector;
- contractors; and
- domestic workers employed on premises where forestry
activities take place including security guards who are not with the
private security sector.
This determination does not apply to -
- mixed farming activities;
- community forestry employers and workers;
- forestry conservation employers;
- any person involved in forestry activities covered by another
sectoral determination or by a bargaining council agreement in terms of
the Labour Relations Act, 1995.
The Basic Condtions of Employment Act applies in respect of any
matter not covered by this sectoral determination.
To download a file, right-click on the link and select "Save
This icon indicates that the file is a
Microsoft Word document. You must have Microsoft Word
installed on your computer in order to open the file.
|This icon indicates that the file is a Adobe Portable
Document (PDF) file. You must have the free Adobe Acrobat
Reader installed on your computer in order to open the file. Download Adobe Reader — free software for
viewing and printing Adobe Portable Document Format files.