Silica exposure and its effect on the physiology of workers
by admin — last modified 2007-11-24 15:38
To download a file, right-click on the link and select "Save Target As...".
This icon indicates that the file is a Adobe Portable Document (PDF) file. You must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer in order to open the file. Download Adobe Reader — free software for viewing and printing Adobe Portable Document Format files.
Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Aims to provide and regulate health and safety at the workplace for all workers.
Basic Guide to Compensation for Medical Expenses
- The Director-General, mutual association or employer must pay transport and medical aid fees of injured or ill workers.
Basic Guide to Compensation for Occupational Fatalities
- When workers die because of occupational injuries or diseases, their dependants can claim compensation
Basic Guide to Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases
- Workers who have a work-related injury or disease must notify their employer as soon as possible after the injury or doctor's diagnosis.
Basic Guide to Health and Safety Duties of Workers
- All workers must report all health and safety incidents to their employer and the necessarry health and safety parties.
Basic Guide to Health and Safety Representatives
- All employers who have 20 or more workers must appoint representatives for monitor health and safety conditions.
Basic Guide to Reporting Occupational Injuries and Diseases
- Employers must report injuries and diseases within 7 days
Basic Guide to Rights of Health and Safety Inspectors
- All health and safety inspectors must be allowed entrance to any workplace to obtain evidence. They are entitled to block off unsafe areas in the workplace.
Basic Guide to Sick Leave
- Rules for sick leave as prescribed by the Basic Conditions of Employment Act.
Basic Guide to UIF Illness Benefits
- Workers who become ill have the right to claim from the UIF.
- How To Report an Occupational Disease to the Compensation Fund if you are an Employer