Form LRA3.3 - Application for Registration of Bargaining Council
by admin — last modified 2015-05-21 11:11
Under the Labour Relations Act, trade unions and employers’ organisations may form bargaining councils.
Bargaining councils deal with collective agreements, solve labour disputes, establish various schemes and make proposals on labour policies and laws.
What is The Purpose of This Form?
This form is an application by 1 or more registered trade unions and 1 or more registered employers’ organisations for registration of a Bargaining Council.
Who Fills in This Form?
The trade unions and employers’ organisations who have jointly agreed to form a Bargaining Council.
- Complete the form in full
- Each employers’ organisation which is a party to the Bargaining Council must fill in page 2.
- Each trade union which is a party to the Bargaining Council must fill in page 3.
- If there is insufficient space on the form use a separate piece of paper.
- An authorised representative of each party must sign this form.
- Attach 3 copies of the constitution of the Bargaining Council to this form.
- Send 2 completed copies of this form to the Registrar of Labour Relations.
To download a file, right-click on the link and select "Save Target As...".
This icon indicates that the file is a Microsoft Word document. You must have Microsoft Word installed on your computer in order to open the file.
Basic Guide to Bargaining Councils
- Under the Labour Relations Act, bargaining councils conclude agreements, resolve labour disputes, make proposals on labour policies, etc.
Labour Relations Act
- Applies to all workers and employers and aims to advance economic development, social justice, labour peace and the democracy of the workplace.