Profile of the Deputy Minister, Nkosi, Sango Patekile Holomisa , MP
|Deputy Minister, Nkosi, Sango Patekile Holomisa , MP|
Born 26 August, 1959, Ngqungqu Great Place, Mqanduli, Eastern Cape
Traditional leader of the Hegebe Clan in Mqanduli
Advocate of the High Court of South Africa
African National Congress Member of Parliament since 1994
President of the Congress of Traditional Leaders of South Africa (CONTRALESA) from 1990 till 2013
Chairman of the Southern African Development Community Council of Traditional Leaders (SADC – CTL) since 2002
Previously Chairperson and member of Parliamentary Committees of Agriculture & Land Affairs, Constitutional Review, Justice & Constitutional Development, Provincial & Local Government
• Former UWP Consulting Board Chairman
• Hegebe Cultural Development Trust Board Chairperson
• Contralesa Development Trust Board Chairperson
• Contralesa Investment Holdings Board Chairperson
• Former Member of the Green Trust Board of Trustees
• Former Nelson Mandela National Museum Council Member
• Misty Seas Investments Board Chairperson
• Former member of SADC Parliamentary Forum
Previously a member of the University of Transkei (UNITRA, now known as the Walter Sisulu University), Magistrate Commission and various other public bodies.
Public speaker and prolific writer on cultural, developmental, economic, governance and political issues.
Author of the books: According to Tradition and A Double Edged Sword.
Source: Office of the Deputy Minister